Leslie Barry is my friend in real life. She is high-energy, and very passionate about people. She is also refreshingly authentic and has such a tender heart. I appreciate how she doesn't take herself too seriously. It's so good for me to be around that kind of person! I have learned a lot from her example and I wanted you to hear from her as well!
What we chat about:
- Adjusting to married life and striking a balance in the home
- How communicating with her spouse lead to a fantastic 40th birthday surprise
- Why Leslie says turning 40 gave her a new lease on life
- The exploration of finding out who you are and importance of knowing yourself
- The struggle and reward of being obedient to God
- How to cultivate contentment in your life
- The steps Leslie has taken to get past her people pleasing tendencies
- The healthy side of comparing yourself to others
So Long Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us by Beth Moore
Pure Pleasure: Why Do Christians Feel So Bad about Feeling Good? by Gary Thomas
I'm Happy for You (Sort of... Not Really): Finding Contentment in a Culture of Comparison by Kay Wyma
The Nightingale: A Novel by Kristin Hannah
Episode Sponsor: JellyTelly
Did you know today our kids are consuming more media than ever before? On average more than 5 hours a day! For most kids, this means watching shows where God doesn’t even show up in them at all! As a mom, I want my kids to enjoy shows and movies, but I also want those things to point them to Jesus! Which is why I’m excited to tell you about JellyTelly. Head over to jellytelly.com and use coupon code MSW for a free week and a coloring book download!
Support the show:
Share the Struggle!
Find me on Instagram or Facebook because I want to hear YOUR thoughts on this episode! If you've been encouraged by the show, please share it with another mom. The struggle is real. We might as well do this together!
***Some links above take you to Amazon. When you click through, anything you purchase there will help offset the costs associated with producing the show. It doesn't cost you any extra, and it helps me out. Everybody wins! Thank you for your support!***