The biggest fear for any parent is the death of a child. Tragically, Amy has experienced this twice, first with her son Simon in May of 2014, then again in November 2014 with her son Thomas. Now, Amy is using her experience to help other moms who are struggling with the loss of their babies during pregnancy or infancy through the You Made Me Mom support group. She is also the mother of three earthly children - Teddy, Peter, and her fifth child, due this fall.
What we chat about:
- How to graciously respond to awkward questions from well-meaning strangers
- Amy's emotional story about the passing of her second son, Simon Adam, who was diagnosed with full Trisomy 13; as well as her third son, Thomas Job, who passed after 13-weeks gestation
- Ways to feel connected to your heavenly child
- The You Made Me Mom support group that Amy created to help other bereaved mothers
- How losing two children affected Amy's relationship with God and her husband, Adam
- Options available to mom's who are facing the birth of a child with a life-limiting diagnosis
Where to find Amy:
Episode Sponsor: JellyTelly
Did you know today our kids are consuming more media than ever before? - On average more than 5 hours a day! For most kids, this means watching shows where God doesn’t even show up in them at all! As a mom, I want my kids to enjoy shows and movies, but I also want those things to point them to Jesus! Which is why I’m excited to tell you about JellyTelly. Head over to jellytelly.com and use coupon code MSW for a free week and a coloring book download!
Support the show:
Share the Struggle!
Find me on Instagram or Facebook because I want to hear YOUR thoughts on this episode! If you've been encouraged by the show, please share it with another mom. The struggle is real. We might as well do this together!
***Some links above take you to Amazon. When you click through, anything you purchase there will help offset the costs associated with producing the show. It doesn't cost you any extra, and it helps me out. Everybody wins! Thank you for your support!***