#139: Children and Mental Illness with Lynn Cowell
Lynn and her husband, Greg, have been married for over 30 years and are the parents of three young adults. They enjoy spending time together, especially when it combines the mountains, well-worn sweatshirts, and anything with chocolate and peanut butter. Lynn, her family, and the occasional backyard deer, live near Charlotte, North Carolina.
What we chat about:
- how being empty-nesters has affected Lynn's marriage
- seeking purpose outside of your children
- helping your kids find their identity in their pre-teens
- changing the expectations we often place on our children
- what to do when you receive conflicting advice
- protecting your children's privacy on your social media accounts
- advice for parents who think their child might suffer from a mental illness
- how Lynn's daughter's diagnosis has drawn her closer to Christ
- balancing your relationship with your kids after they've left home
Connect with Lynn:
An Intentional Life: A Life-Giving Invitation to Uncover Your Passions and Unlock Your Purpose
Daily Harvest: 3 free cups using promo code MSW
Tommy John: use the link and get 20% off your first order
Teami Blends: get 15% off of orders of $29.99 or more using the promo code MSW15
Ways to support the show:
Share the Struggle!
Find me on Instagram because I want to hear YOUR thoughts! If you've been encouraged, share the episode with another mom.
The struggle is real. We might as well do this together!
***Some links above take you to Amazon. When you click through, anything you purchase there will help offset the costs associated with producing the show. It doesn't cost you any extra, and it helps me out. Everybody wins! Thank you for your support!