Laura Kelley is a mom of five through birth, adoption, and fostering. She's also is no stranger to sorrow. Last year, Laura and her husband Josh accepted God's call to adopt a 3-year-old boy from China named Everett. Tragically, Everett was born with a congenital heart defect leaving his new parents with some very difficult decisions to make about his medical care. He passed away just days before his fourth birthday. Laura is now courageously navigating through her grief one day at a time and sharing her journey publically on social media.
What we chat about:
- What prompted Laura to adopt a child with medical needs
- The self-inflicted guilt that accompanies the loss of a child
- The importance of finding moments of joy in times of deep pain
- Why Laura has chosen to share her grief so transparently
- Dealing with criticism on social media
- What daily life looks life for Laura's family now
- How losing Everett has affected her relationship with God
- Suggestions on how to support the people around you who are grieving
Connect with Laura:
Support the show:
Share the Struggle!
Find me on Instagram or Facebook because I want to hear YOUR thoughts on this episode! If you've been encouraged by the show, please share it with another mom. The struggle is real. We might as well do this together!
***Some links above take you to Amazon. When you click through, anything you purchase there will help offset the costs associated with producing the show. It doesn't cost you any extra, and it helps me out. Everybody wins! Thank you for your support!