The Contentment Challenge
Do you ever feel like this lady? I sure do. And I don't like it.
That's why I am going to do a Contentment Challenge for July, August and September and I'm inviting you to join me! Real talk: this is not something I’m remotely excited about. I don’t like to tell myself ‘no’ which is precisely why I know I need this. Desperately.
Contentment is something we all struggle with in one way or another. Since Nancy Ray came on the podcast almost 2 years ago (listen here), I have been meaning to hop on this contentment challenge train. Well, the train is leaving the station and I want you to go with me!
So like I said, I didn’t make this challenge up. It’s from Nancy Ray. You can find her original post here and you can even purchase an ebook that walks you through it here. Everything you find is basically exactly hers so know that I am not trying to take an ounce of credit for any of this goodness!
My only goal is to provide a place for us to walk through this journey and process the joys (and all the yuck it brings up) together.
Sound fun? Not really? I get it. I’m right there with you.
Until June 30, your homework is to:
- prepare your heart
- organize your closet
- make any necessary purchases that you might NEED during the coming three months. This is NOT a shopping spree.
- Choose 1-3 inspiring books to read during this time. I would recommend any of the following: Invitation to Silence and Solitude, The Celebration of Discipline, Kisses from Katie.
- Gifts are okay! If someone gives you something lovely, receive it with joy! If you need to buy someone else a gift, do it! The point is not to be rude, but to learn more about ourselves and the Lord.
- Necessities are okay! Buy food. If you break your phone, get a new one! If you lose your glasses, buy a new pair. Just don’t start justifying new purchases for items that you already have.
- You must actively pursue something – anything – that replaces your tendency to buy stuff. Begin thinking about something you love or a hobby you’ve always wanted to do, and make preparations to actually do it.
Each month will have a theme, a verse to memorize, and a challenge to participate in. Be sure to check in the facebook group for the challenges. Also, on Thursdays I will be posting encouragement in our facebook group so please come by and leave a comment to let us know how it’s going!
Are you in?
Join me in building our contentment muscles these next 3 months! Sign up below (before July 1) and you'll be directed into the closed facebook group!